A number of suggestions have been recently made to restore my health and sanity, or at least the outward appearance of such:
- Take a Disney cruise. They have on-board childcare and if we book now, we can get a $700 voucher for spa treatments.
- Turn this blog into a book. First, though, the plot would have to thicken: Island Twins Mama & Her Midlife Crisis.
- Put photos of bikini-clad Self in the blog to keep guys reading. (This from a guy who hasn't seen me in a while.)
- Start a new blog that isn't so kid-focused. This could help ensure the continued relevance of Self to future employers. (This from that same guy.)
- Take up yoga at Earth Mama's, or at least go buy some of its cute new organic clothing.
- Start doing facial exercises, to prevent the need for future nips and tucks. (Seriously, this was suggested to me at a Mother's Day party.)
- Swap houses with a girlfriend in North Carolina to gain quality time at Target for me and Caribbean vacation for her. This was a mutual suggestion born out of desperation on both sides.
- Take the twins to Greece, because they love babies in the Mediterranean and might take them off our hands for an hour or two.
- Pitch our crazy, lazy life to TLC to fill in the hole being dug by Jon & Kate. Even without a plot, Twins on an Island has more appeal than the dozens of Duggars, doesn't it? Heck, for $75,000 per episode I'd do my exercises and put on that bikini.
Take the poll and help me decide what's in store for 40+.